QI Program Officer (Jigawa) – Nigeria
Jhpiego is seeking a Quality Improvement Program Manager for the Global Fund-funded “Quality Improvement and Strengthening Leadership and Management through Technical Assistance” project in Jigawa State. The project aims to provide support to Global Fund programs in Nigeria to implement an innovative approach for Integrated Supportive Supervision (ISS) which includes collaborative improvement, training, an online supervision checklist and supervision supervisors to improve health worker performance and quality of care. care for integrated HIV/TB/malaria services. The Program Officer will support MEL reporting, program management, stakeholder engagement, provide administrative support in collaboration with the administrative and finance team in Abuja, and contribute to building leadership and management skills Ministry of Health staff for QA and improving integrated service delivery. in health facilities and communities. The Program Officer will work under the supervision of the Quality Improvement Advisor in close collaboration with the State Department of Health and other government agencies and with the QA Specialist.
- The Program Officer will support the planning, implementation and reporting of the quality improvement program
- Coordinate and provide administrative support, documentation and logistical support for quality improvement, leadership and management activities in the State/LGA/facilities
- Assist in the development of work plans, budgets, liaise with GoN stakeholders and implementing partners regarding activities.
- Support the project team in the preparation of activities, including scheduling meetings, creating the attendance list, corresponding with participants, preparing materials, setting up meeting rooms, drafting minutes, among other tasks
- Support strategic collaboration activities with the Ministry of Health and key stakeholders to learn from the evidence generated by the project and adapt interventions as needed;
- Support project deliverables with emphasis on M&E sections;
- Develop dissemination plans that capture lessons learned and best practices, and determine opportunities for dissemination across countries;
- Provide M&E summaries for the project, including presenting updates to key stakeholders;
- Collaborate and communicate regularly with the QI and MEL Advisor, respond to comments and comments provided by the Advisor.
- Ensure that collected data is uploaded to the Creative web platform;
- Analyze ongoing quantitative/qualitative data at various points in the program leading to specific program/contract results;
- Support for record and file maintenance, distribution of project information and documentation
- Assist with asset management and documentation
- Assist in the proper functioning of the project office, maintenance of project assets and materials
- Ensure availability and efficient use of general office consumables, safe storage and proper use of equipment, update newly purchased items in inventory
- Perform preliminary review of supplier invoices and advances to ensure completeness, accuracy, reasonableness and validity in accordance with Jhpiego and donor guidelines
- Assist in writing, editing and proofreading appropriate technical documents and reports on program activities and results for technical managers and supervisors, as requested.
- Ensure that expense reports and payment schedules are properly prepared, scanned and shared with the Country Office, also ensuring that financial documents are filed in an orderly manner
- Responsible for collecting, harmonizing and regularly updating program management tools such as scorecard, stakeholder database, facility directory and other tools as may be requested.
- Coordinate staff travel and retreat logistics.
- Perform other assigned duties
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, public health or related field, and 2-3 years equivalent work experience in programmatic support of international health projects
- Experience in providing programmatic, administrative and financial support to public health programs
- Good knowledge of the health system and service delivery context for HIV, TB and Malaria in Jigawa and Nigeria
- Ability to interact with established networks of high-level international health professionals, Ministry of Health officials and other partners
- Comfortable with a team approach to programming and the ability to manage multiple major activities simultaneously
- Proficiency in word processing, Microsoft Office
SALARY SCALE: NGN638,000 – NGN 721,000 gross monthly
How to register
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using this link:
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment survey.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both in Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org