Office of Communications and Community Engagement | North Texas Virginia Health Care
The Office of Communications and Community Engagement is your source for news, publications, social media and web content. By sharing information, publicizing VA accomplishments, and telling the stories of our veterans, we strive to educate all stakeholders about VA North Texas’ safe, high-quality healthcare, technology, and community. state-of-the-art equipment, as well as talented and qualified doctors, nurses and staff.
The Office of Communications and Community Engagement is the first point of contact for reporters, producers, and other media representatives seeking information about VA North Texas, its staff, or its patients.
- Respond to media inquiries
- Provides subject matter experts for media interviews
- Plan and coordinate media interviews
- Sharing fact sheets and statistical information
- Provides photos/images of facilities
- Distributes information about AV-related awareness and events
- Advance notice of on-site interviews is required, so that staff can arrange media interviews or photo ops and coordinate appropriate story sources.
- Adherence to federal guidelines regarding patient confidentiality, as outlined by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), requires that media visiting our facilities be accompanied by a member of our staff. It also ensures that you receive the most accurate information in the shortest possible time.
- Media access may be limited or denied to any area of a facility at the discretion of the VA North Texas Executive Medical Center Director, the patient’s health care team, or individual physicians.
- The Office of Communications and Community Engagement is required to complete form VA 10-3203 “Consent for Image and/or Voice Use” before creating or using any images, videos or voice recordings of any VA patient.
- All media personnel are asked to check in with the Communications and Community Engagement Office or VA Police upon arrival at VA grounds.
- The Office of Communications and Community Engagement carries a VA-issued media pass at all times while on campus at any VA North Texas facility or clinic.
- The Office of Communications and Community Engagement returns the VA-issued media pass to the VA Police or Office of Communications and Community Engagement upon checkout.
School research projects
If you would like to interview a veteran about their military experience, we encourage you to contact a veterans service organization for assistance. Here are some resources outside of VA: