Nonprofits in South Huron
South Huron nonprofits play a vital role in strengthening our community as a whole through positive community impact.
Support a non-profit organization in South Huron
You can now search for nonprofits in South Huron on our Business Directory by following these simple steps:
- Visit our Business Directory page.
- Filter your search by selecting Non-profit associations.
- Once you have selected the Apply button, a list of nonprofits will appear.
- Contact them directly using the information provided to see how you can support them!
Gain momentum for your non-profit organization
We’ve generated a list of things you can do to help publicize the important work your nonprofit does in the community:
- Add your nonprofit information to our Business Directory.
- Important note: Under the directory of business categories, please select “Non-profit organization” so that those who wish to provide support can find you easily.
- Make sure your nonprofit is listed on Google My business.
- Are you organizing an event or a workshop? Add your event to our Event calendar through create an account and submit your event. Subscribers to the events calendar receive an email notifying them of upcoming events.
- Submit a request for delegation to speak at a South Huron Council meeting or submit correspondence to Council to be included in the meeting agenda.
- Connect with other local nonprofits to discuss potential collaborative efforts.
Get support for your non-profit organization
Thanks to the funding:
The Sunset Community Foundation supports registered charities (and partnerships involving at least one registered charity), with grants in the following areas of interest:
- Children and youth
- Family and community
- Health and physical activity
- Social services
- Preservation of the environment
- Arts & Culture
Thanks to resources and training: The Huron County Commercial Services Support isn’t just for for-profit businesses – they have plenty of resources on a variety of topics ranging from social media and marketing to delegation, as well as scalable training and networking sessions that can be of interest.
By inquiring about additional supports: If your non-profit organization needs additional support or advice not listed on this page, please complete our Nonprofit Organization Needs Form and we will do what we can to help. This information helps us understand what additional support (s) may be required by other nonprofits in South Huron as well.
In the spring of 2020, the South Huron Council created a Community Recovery Working Group with a mandate to work with community partners on a recovery strategy that supports and enables the South Huron community to recover from the COVID pandemic. 19.
The creation of this web page was created by the members of the Community Recovery Working Group, as part of the work plan approved by Council.