LogonBox Launches New Cloud Directory Appliance for SMBs
PENZANCE, England, September 1, 2021
LogonBox, a leading provider of identity management and authentication solutions, is excited to release LogonBox Directory, a free virtual appliance that allows SMBs to host an easy-to-use cloud directory.
Organizations have realized how large and cumbersome legacy directories like Active Directory are. With the recent pandemic, their inflexibility has become more and more apparent. There has also been a change in user devices; Microsoft is no longer the dominant system with a rapid increase in Linux and Mac devices.
Against this backdrop, LogonBox is once again poised to disrupt the status quo with its Free Directory Virtual Appliance – a lean user directory that can run on-premises as well as in the cloud.
The flexibility of an online directory means that it is perfectly suited to the new modern way of working. Users can securely authenticate on any device, Windows, Mac, Linux and more with one universal directory. Additionally, with SAML, users can sign in to web applications using the same directory, and legacy application support is available through LDAP and RADIUS protocol servers.
Organizations no longer need to manage multiple systems or create duplicate identities for different devices. LogonBox Directory reduces user proliferation, increases security, and reduces attack vectors.
Unlike other solutions, LogonBox Directory is the first comprehensive, free user directory device. “Our solution finally makes online directories and multi-factor authentication accessible to everyone,” said Lee Painter, CEO of LogonBox. “Organizations of all sizes looking to replace their legacy directory should give it a try; they will be surprised by its power.
The LogonBox directory provides a full range of features, including:
- Complete user management – securely manage identities and provide frictionless access to IT resources.
- Authenticate on any device – connect to Windows, Mac, Linux and any system that supports LDAP and RADIUS.
- Authenticate with any web application – access web applications using SAML or Browser Password Vault extension.
- Adopt multi-factor authentication everywhere – increase security by extending multifactor authentication to legacy applications.
In addition to its extensive feature set, LogonBox Directory can benefit an organization in several ways, including:
- Reduce IT costs – as a free product, organizations benefit immediately.
- IT rationalization – manage IT environments from a single view.
- Increase security – lock identities, control user access and activate MFA where possible.
With an increasing demand for lightweight directories, the LogonBox team has developed a free, easy-to-use directory product to help as many organizations as possible.
LogonBox Directory is the perfect solution for anyone who wants a flexible user directory or for organizations who want to replace existing legacy directories like Active Directory.